Hotel and Travel Information
The conference sessions will be held at Harvard University, but accommodation will be at the Sheraton Commander, in Cambridge, MA, just 10 minutes walk from the conference venue.
A room block has been set aside for CSF 2012 attendees, with the following nightly rates:
(single or double occupancy)
The hotel's check-in time is 3:00pm; check-out time is 12:00pm. Baggage can be stored free of charge for early arrivals and late departures. The hotel offers complimentary wireless internet access.
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is the closest airport. A taxi from the airport to the hotel will cost approximately $50. A cheaper option is public transit (see below).
Public transit from the airport
- Follow signs to the Silver Line bus. The Silver Line bus costs $2. You can either pay the fare on the bus using exact change, or buy a ticket (known as a Charlie Ticket) from the vending machine near the bus stop. The Silver Line bus stops at every terminal in the airport.
- Take the Silver Line bus to South Station. Any Silver Line bus that stops at the airport will have "SL 1" on the front, and will go to South Station. South Station is the last stop, and the ride will be approximately 25-30 minutes.
- At South Station, transfer to the Red Line train towards Alewife. The transfer is free. Trains are frequent.
- Take the Red Line train to Harvard Station. The ride will be approximately 15 minutes.
- Walk to the Sheraton Commander Hotel, at 16 Garden St. The walk is approximately 5 minutes. Exit Harvard Square Station by following signs for Church St. There should a "Body Shop" store in front of you. Turn to your right, cross Church St., and walk north on Massachusetts Ave; Harvard University will be on your right, on the other side of the street. At the first intersection, veer left onto Garden Street, and walk to the hotel.
The hotel has car parking for guests. For those driving to Harvard, the easiest parking option will be the 52 Oxford Street Garage, operated by the Harvard University Parking Services, at a cost of $13 per day. See http://www.uos.harvard.edu/transportation/parking/visitor_parking.shtml for information, including directions and an online purchase system. Note that you will need to purchase a temporary parking pass in advance using the online system. When prompted, enter "Visitor to Campus" for the department, and 7700 for the department code.